New Zealand is one of the favorite study destinations of all since its the most picturesque and photogenic place which offers a great study atmosphere, it is one of the most beautiful study destinations in the world. It is a small island nation in the southwestern Pacific Ocean consisting of just 4 million people who are also referred to as KIWIs.New Zealand has one of the most renowned educational institutions in the world, and not only that, it offers a perfect blend of cosmopolitan society that coexists with perfect sync with the country’s unbeatable lifestyle. New Zealand has a lot of universities that offer top-notch education, and it also has colleges, private institutions, and polytechnics. New Zealand is a cost-effective study destination with various streams such as Business and science, Sports, Arts& Recreation, 3D Animation & Graphic design, Engineering, Culinary Arts, Communication studies, & many more though it is particularly known for Information Technology, Hospitality &Tourism and Accounting related courses.
Why study in New Zealand?
There are five factors that make New Zealand one of the most favorable study destinations.
1. Quality Assurance: The institutions in New Zealand are quality assured as there are two Functional independent bodies NZ’s Committee on University Academic Programmes (CUAP) and the Academic Quality Agency for New Zealand Universities (AQA ), which ensures that the universities in New Zealand remain in international quality standards.
2. Employment prospects: Internships are the first option through which students can earn their pocket money, and also the students are allowed to work for 20 hours during working days and for 40 hours during vacations, to compensate for the lack of skilled labor in New Zealand. Students are given a visa to search jobs after course completion and they can also choose to live and work permanently. Also, married students can avail of permanent work provided their spouse is studying in New Zealand.
3. Cost of living: The cost of living is very less compared to other study destinations.
4. Multifarious study programs: New Zealand is ranked high in the world education rankings and it has one of the best education systems in the world. New Zealand offers various study programs for the students to choose from eight renowned universities, colleges, and polytechnic institutes ranging from certificate, diploma, degree, postgraduate, and master’s courses.
5. Friendly people and culture: The people in New Zealand are very friendly and jovial and they are one of the most welcoming people in the world. By studying in New Zealand you will get an opportunity to experience a wide range of cultures with a Multicultural mix of Europeans, Asians, and Pacific Islanders, making a nice melting pot of cultures. Another great advantage is that English is the widely used language in New Zealand, so students who opt to study in New Zealand will not face any communication difficulties.
The Education System in New Zealand:
New Zealand is a perfect study destination for students who prefer a perfect study environment and an outdoorsy lifestyle. It has a well-established education system that has expert teaching staff with world-class facilities and abundant resources. New Zealand has ample study options for students pursuing their higher education in such education that allows for resilience, choice, and extensive support. New Zealand Qualifications’ Framework (NZQF) is the core of the entire education system. This lists all qualifications from level 1 – 10 and includes certificates, diplomas, and degrees which means its quality assured. Additionally, the education system in New Zealand is regulated by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) which requires registration of institutes that enroll international students.
Living in New Zealand
One of the major tasks while choosing to study abroad in New Zealand, is in selecting the type of accommodation. You can select from three choices of accommodation
Off-Campus: If you choose off-campus you can enjoy life outside the campus, so many students choose the off-campus option. If you are renting a property, you need to pay a security deposit or ‘bond’ as well as rent in advance.
On-campus: Living in a university campus or hall of residence will be a good option if you want to cut down your travel and living expenses. You can live with your classmates and friends.
Homestay: kiwis also offers homestay options for international students so that the students can get the feel of a home-like living environment.
So these are all the factors that make New Zealand one of the most favorable study destinations, if you are looking to study abroad in New Zealand, then you can consult Credenza Career, one of the top studies abroad consultants in India, they can help you in easing out your travel and visa process, and in choosing the best university in New Zealand.